Perhaps you’ve been mulling over whether you should get a roof repair or a full-on roof replacement in Brick NJ or another local area. Maybe you are considering if you need to get gutter repair in NJ or perhaps cut your losses and look into how much a new gutter system might set you back. With the holidays right around the corner, most people aren’t thinking about home improvements during this time of the year. They are thinking about holiday presents and staying warm if they are anything like us. But that doesn’t mean you can put that winter or spring roof repair job off forever. The weather gets fierce around here without much much warning, so getting that siding repair completed sooner rather than later might be a wise choice in the end. Getting a free consultation and quote from a local roofing company in 1800 Roof Plus might get the ball rolling in the right direction so you can get all needed work done before the weather turns nasty. Keep in mind we provide both home roofing services and commercial services as well.
Today’s post, however, is not going to be focused on our particular roofing company. Instead, we are going to depart from the norm a bit in favor of doing something perhaps more entertaining for the average reader. Sure, we do our very best to provide outstanding roofing services up and down the Jersey Shore in communities like Brick, Spring Lake, Wall Township, Brielle, Sea Girt, and others, but that doesn’t mean we can’t take a post to have little fun. What fun? We are thrilled you asked! Keep reading if you would like to glean some interesting, surprising, and hopefully fun facts about roofing, gutters, siding, and the like. You can impress your friends at your next cocktail party when there is a lull in the conversation. Just try spouting a few of the following factoids off, and you are sure to be invited back. You get bonus points if the facts don’t have any context, too. (We are just kidding, please don’t blame us for acting strangely at any parties, please).
Fun Roofing Facts
- Metal roofs offer high wind resistance, which can come in handy considering where most of us live. Because of this superior uplift resistance, you don’t have to worry about your metal roof getting torn apart because there are no shingles or shakes to get pulled off by severe storms. The large metal plates used are much sturdier and should provide any worriers with a greater peace of mind!
- Metal roofs also require much lower maintenance than your average roof type. You don’t need to worry about mold, as is the case with some other kinds of roofing materials. Furthermore, metal roofs are made with materials that don’t rust. All you really need to worry about is simply re-sealing joints between metal panels every few decades. That’s not so bad when you consider the lifespan of other roof types!
- “Green roofs” have some advantages worth boasting about as well. They cool buildings and, most importantly, limit the runoff from stormwater which stimulates the growth of wildlife in local habitats.
- If you have a leaky roof, any inspection of the problem must be thorough and should probably be done by an expert from a local roofing company like 1800 Roof Plus (not that we are biased or anything). The inspection must involve nail holes and shingle seals. Keep in mind that water moves between old layers of roofing materials to the wood underneath. This can hurt your insulation and structural material within your home, like drywall.
- Many contemporary roofing shingles have been designed with traditional problems in mind. Some of them have fungicides and algaecides while others are advertised as ‘self-cleaning’ due to their smoothness. This helps light-colored roofs appear cleaner. In the past, anything other than dark shingles made the home look less than classy. It’s nice to see the industry is advancing!
- Being proactive about roof maintenance and care can save you thousands of dollars in the long-run. Being reactive can cost you thousands. Sometimes a situation that could have been solved with a simple roof repair now requires a complete roof replacement. Utilizing a yearly, proactive approach toward addressing any roof or siding damage that has recently occurred will only behoove you in the end. Sure, it’s a bit of a hassle to be your own inspector. But after all, it’s your home and we bet that you’d prefer to use your hard-earned cash on something a bit more fun than roof maintenance.
Contact Your Local Roofing Contractor
At 1800 Roof Plus, we believe in setting our customers up for success. That means using our experience and understanding of siding and roofing problems to help our customers find the best solution for them. We want to be a nearby roofing company that you tell your friends about due to our dedication to providing you with the most comprehensive roofing services we can. From the moment we step foot on your property, be it commercial or residential, to the job’s completion, we will operate with a spirit of professionalism and respect. Get in touch with the roofing contractors of NJ at 1800 Roof Plus, today!