In our last post, Analyzing the Benefits of Different Roofing Materials, we took a rather in-depth look at the strengths and weaknesses of various roofing materials. For example, clay tile offers great value and longevity, but only in certain climates that aren’t too windy or cold. In the same way, metal roofing material, which is making a serious comeback in the United States, offers residents a unique look in addition to being pretty much maintenance-free. They are fire resistant, energy-efficient, and can save many folks up to 20 percent on their energy bill. However, not everyone likes their aesthetic appearance, so that is something you must consider.
However, today’s post is not about our comprehensive roofing services or roofing material analysis as much as it is about getting our readers started with some spring roofing maintenance tips. Keep reading if you are interested in gleaning a few tips and tricks that can prolong the lifespan of your roof and make your homestead look as great as it ever has!
Spring Roof Maintenance Tips
- For asphalt shingles, make sure you check out the cracks in your shingles. They will look like lines or black areas.
- If you have a shake roof, make sure you look out for curled pieces. They might be turning upward or have split, or even be missing.
- Take a look at your roof valleys. This is where water runs down and into your gutters. Make sure your gutters are free of debris while you are at it!
- While cleaning your gutters, make sure you employ proper ladder safety. The ladder needs to be on solid, even ground. You also need to make sure it’s secured at the top and at least three feet beyond the gutter your are cleaning out. You can use a gloved hand or a garden trowel.
- While you are cleaning out your gutters, look for an inordinate amount of shingle granules in your gutters. Granules give shingles their necessary weight and protect your home from ultraviolet rays. If there is too much found in your gutters, you might need a roof repair of some kind.
If you are in the market for a roofing company in a community like Brielle, Sea Girt, Spring Lake, Brick, Wall Township, or, really, anywhere up or down the New Jersey coast, we want to tell you about our local roofing company here at 1800 Roof Plus, a division of the Lombardo Construction.
We offer roofing services, siding repair and installation, home window repair and installation, as well as condominium services. Generally, it can sometimes be a difficult decision when you are weighing your options in terms of roof replacement versus repair. One might be cheaper for the short term and the other might save you thousands in the long run. But how do you know which is the right option? We can help you at 1800 Roof Plus, as we have done with many residents up and down and across New Jersey.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about why we are qualified to earn your business and how we can save you a significant amount of money with your next roofing project on your home or place of business!