With 1800 Roof Plus, you can trust that you are getting the best roofing services available in the greater Jersey Shore area and beyond. The condition of your home and business are important to us. Our dedication to deliver quality care also lets us provide a superior level of roofing services. If you are experiencing roof leaks, you may need to contact 1800 Roof Plus today for a professional inspection and consultation. Our experienced roofers will be able to investigate what is causing your roof to leak, analyze what damages will need repaired or replaced, and offer affordable plans to get roof back to new. As preliminary caution before you book your appointment, we would like to discuss the ten common reasons a residential or commercial property may need to contact a roof leak repair service.
- Roof Age– As with most things, the older they are the weaker they are. Your roof is no exception. As your roof ages, the materials keeping the outside elements of your home begin to deteriorate. Influxes in temperature change and extreme weather conditions with heavy precipitation can aggravate the aging process. Over time, your roof will start to crack and will effectively keep water and cold out of your home.
- Roofing Vents– While vents along your roof serve their own purpose, they can also mean trouble. It is important to properly seal vents and vent gaskets to prevent future moisture penetration and consequent roof leaks.
- Roof Slope– In the scenario that your roof’s slope is too shallow, wind can get caught in your roof and begin to rip off shingles. As these shingles start to disappear or be knocked loose, moisture will begin to pool. Only an experienced roofing professional can assure that your roof is angled at a proper slope and avoid the need for a roof leak repair.
- Debris Buildup– Branches, twigs, leaves, pine needles, and other materials can begin to collect on top of your roof. As these start to clutter, they increase the risk of holding moisture against your roof shingles and cause poor drainage. This buildup can be responsible for holding moisture for so long that your roof is weathered and begins leaking.
- Roof Flashing– Flashing is put into place to seal your roof, usually along the edge of a chimney or skylight. This will effectively block out moisture when sealed properly, but can also be the cause of potential leaking if not. Over time, the nails and caulking can crack or dislodge and no longer serve to protect your roof.
- Ridge Cap– When a ridge cap is functioning normally, it protects the gap over the peak of your roof where the two slopes of your roof meet. If these are not implemented properly, your roof is at risk for moisture penetration.
- Gutter Backup– Gutters are a notorious reason for roof leakage. As weather conditions cause ice, snow, and debris build up, your gutters no longer serve to drain moisture away from your roof. Instead, your gutters will become flooded and eventually cause damage.
- Roofing Holes– There are various reasons why a hole may be left in your roof from natural hail damage to removing TV satellites. No matter what the reason, uncovered holes will obviously leave your roof vulnerable to moisture.
- Excess Moisture– Even if any of the above scenarios do not seem to be the culprit for your leaky roof, these reasons all boil down to the presence of excess moisture on your rooftop. The warning signs can be subtle at first, but you will know when it is time to consult your professional roofing company.
- Missing Shingles– Wind gusts, birds, deterioration and other ailments can rip shingles from your roof. Sometimes you may find these dislodged shingles in your yard. If you begin to notice several within a short period of time, it is time to call your local New Jersey roofers.
Roof leakage is a frustrating situation. Thankfully, your friends at 1800 Roof Plus are ready to help your investigate the cause of your leaky roof and deliver exceptional services. Our roofing experts will gladly work with you to figure out the best solution for your needs and wallet. At the end of the day, you can trust us to keep your roof over head. Call us today to book your appointment or with any additional questions you may have.